Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Primed VBAC Childbirth Prep - Post 2

I had a few notes that were really from before post 1.   The first thing I noticed when I started the course was that the whole layout is beautiful! 

Here's what I had written back then... 19 days ago...when I actually started:

The whole layout is beautiful!  And clear, it's very easy to see the whole overview of what's going to happen.  

I'm in the first section, and I LOVE that the videos are broken into several shorter videos and not one huge long one....I never seem to find time to watch one huge long video, but when they're under 10 minutes it's just so freeing to be able to watch one when I have a few minutes...and even watch it a second time and be able to find the right spot.
Also...I had no idea only about 8 percent of people try for a VBAC! 

LOVE that I can take a course and don't have to leave my house!  It's hard to coordinate childcare and time out, etc. This is so fabulous!

Now I'm back up to speed.  Tonight I watched:

Section 1:  Informed

Labor 2:  Active Labor

It's funny, on my laptop when I'm watching these videos, my screen shows the title of the video on the left, with a circle under the title that looks like a "play" button to me.   It's not, it's just an image, but every time...EVERY TIME even now that I know, I click that image two or three times before I go "riiiiight"   and move over to the play button on the actual video on the right of the screen.  Ha!  You'd think I'd adjust, but nope.

Ok, once again, I love Karli.   Here are a couple of things that I love.  She's real... she says things that I believe.  This will be tough, this will be intense, and I love that she talked about how our mood will change and everything that will go along with that.   

She mentioned changing the energy a few times, and for me, as soon as someone starts talking about energy I halfway tuning out. Ha...  that's my own thing.   I took it as changing the positions...  changing what you're doing...changing your method/approach, etc.   Makes sense!

Loved the memory about someone she was with changing it up, and going for a walk in the snow, and also her protrayal of that, was that it was HARD, but that hard was GOOD, because that's how we get closer to having a baby!

I don't know about you....but.... before my first labour, I read a lot, and I prepared a lot, and I got my hands on everything I could, and I have to say, after I finally had my sweet baby girl in my arms.  I felt tricked!  I felt lied to!  I can also tell you that I took my "Bradley Method" childbirth book, and I threw it across a room into a wall.... likely several times... LIES!  LIES I TELL YA! 

This is real.  I've been through 2 labours, the first I went 15 hours before getting the epidural, the second, was an induction from the very beginning, and the whole thing was 9 hours.  I think I went 3 hours before getting the epidural, not because I was past what I could handle, but because I had such FEAR of experiencing what I did the first time.  Both babies were posterior, and I had back labour both times.  My third baby was a c-section because she was breech.   Who knows what #4 will bring.  I just know, there is a 99.9% chance that it will be an induction.   Hopefully ending in a VBAC and not another c-section.   We shall see...in about 10 weeks!  

I have to get moving!  10 weeks left, and I have this course to go through, and I want to start the prenatal core right after.  

Exciting days ahead.   As I watched the video tonight my little man was kicking up a storm, head down, feet up....  stay that way!  







No comments: