So. We tried this recipe:
Course: NEW TO TRY
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 5 large eggs; scrambled
- 1 cup shredded Colby and Monterrey jack cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon can be precooked
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Scramble eggs on stove top.
- Lay out crescents on a parchment lined pizza pan in a star formation (the longer sides of each crescent on the inside with the pointed ends pointing out.)
- Place cooked bacon around the inside center of the ring. Top with about 1/3 of the cheese, scrambled eggs, season salt (or whatever seasoning you're using), and remaining cheese.
- Fold pointed tips of each crescent over the filling and join in the center of the ring. Press all the points in the center down to seal them together.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown. Slice in between each crescent to make 8 individual pieces.
Alterations: I didn't use seasoning salt. I just added a bit of salt and pepper to the scrambled eggs.
I used precooked bacon. Next time I would "pre-crisp" the precooked bacon in the microwave before adding it.
I need to wrap the dough tighter, and try not to overlap in the middle on top, the rest was done, but that part was doughy. I just cut that part off.
The Verdict: Yes! We'll make it again...which is good, since I bought ingredients to make it next Saturday too ;)
The Mom: Yum!
The Dad: Delicious (said several times...and made known that this would be welcome on Saturday mornings again soon)
The Picky Girl Child: "I can't like it!" picks up bit of bacon...let's fall from fingers... pokes at it....eats a bite of bready part... refuses to even eat the eggs or cheese...which she loves. She's not allowed to vote anymore. OK, she is...but her vote will be weighted lightly.