Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wow...It's March!

Ok, so apparently time is slipping away from me faster than I realized it. I can't believe it's almost the middle of March already. I was doing so well there for a while. I haven't done much knitting lately, just a row here and a row there.We were completely snowed in on Saturday so I didn't get to go spinning. :-( I did get all my carding finished though, so this Saturday hopefully I will get this big bag of batt all spun yeah! Here is a pic of the former coat of a lovely sheep named "Petunia"

And here is what still sits in my front yard, from Saturdays snowfall. It's Tuesday now and it's warmed up considerably if that gives you any indication of just what kind of snowfall I'm talking about here :-) It was a doozy.... we actually couldn't see the neighbours car at all...ha! I only wish I had taken pictures day of....the snowbanks were taller than I am!So, I've decided to plant a garden....obviously not right now (see above picture) but...I think I'll somewhat follow the square foot method, I was looking gardening things up online and stumbled across it on a forum, so I checked out the website, and it looks like the right method for me. Anyways, I got the book out of the library, but of course the new one is on hold, and I'm #3 out of 4 holds....so..I got the old one....I imagine the basic concepts are the same. I'm concentration on this tonight because my best friend finished her last day of work today and I'm super super sad about that. I'm very happy for her, she is a totally fabulous person I just love her, but I'm going to miss her soooo sooo much it just makes me sick. So, now I'm going to go read about gardening, maybe knit, maybe look at knitting online, maybe look at seeds online...who knows...gardening, knitting, seeds...yarn, hot chocolate...hmmmmm

3 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Time is going by quickly. In our part of the country, it's time to put the garden in now.

Jennifer said...

Yes, I was thinking about needed to get those seedlings started ASAP. So, do you only spin at class or do you have a wheel at home? Tomorrow night is our spinning demonstration at knit group. Well, see if the activity grabs me in person. What are you going to knit after the shawl? It's coming along nicely.

cinnamongirl93 said...

The lace is very pretty. I love the blue beads! I think they look perfect. Wow, you sure did get a lot of snow! Don't worry, spring is right around the corner. We almost hit 50 degrees today!
I will start my seedlings next week. I always love planning the garden. It's so invigorating!
Keep us posted about your spinning. I'm very interested.