I used this post for instructions, although mine is a wee bit different.
I used grapeseed oil, because that's what I had leftover from when Pickle was super tiny and all the moisturizers left her red and screaming.... grapeseed oil was all we could use on her.
I bought a 6oz block of beeswax from an Etsy seller for $10 including shipping, and some calendula petals from another seller for about $3. Since I already had the oil I consider that free. I'm always saving things...so those tins are leftover tins from actual Dimpleskins Bum Bum Balm...which absolutely ROCKS and we've used it on Pickle since she was born..... it's $13 a tin. I made my whole batch...equivalent to over 6 tins for the price of one. I hope mine is good. It's only got grapeseed oil, and the actual bum bum balm has several different oils, including coconut, and apricot kernal oil. I suppose I could experiment sometime down the road if this first trial is at all a success.
Now, for the actual bum balm making:
- grate one ounce of wax for every cup of oil you are using
- in a glass measuring cup (or whatever you're willing to give up forever) heat your oil/wax mixture on the stove in a small pot simmering water..... I used forks to keep the glass cup from touching the bottom...I need one of those wire rack thingies..
- Once wax is melted (this took a long while to get started, then went super fast) remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes
- Once 5 minutes has passed, stir in 8 drops of essential oil (Lavender) for every cup of oil you used
- Pour into your little containers, let cool, enjoy pampered bottoms and extra money in your pocket (to buy more yarn!)
Arrggg..I gotta say....formatting posts in blogger right now totally sucks :( it was good for awhile...and now somehow something has changed...and tres frustrating again....arrrghhh!
Edit: Nope...no need to change the amounts...the consistency is perrrrrfect!