Thursday, April 05, 2007

It's been a long, long time comin'

Well, Finally I can add a picture!

Here is is....my secret surprise project. I'm so glad it's finally finished. I tied off the last stitch on Tuesday night, waaaay past my bed time, but I really really wanted to finish it. I can't believe I started this quilt in November, when I took a bit of time off before starting my job.And here is one of the BIG reasons that it took me so long, all that blanket stitch. I've never done that before, and I'm pretty sure that the stars will unravel and the embroidery floss will bleed all over on the first washing, and I'll probably cry, BUT.....babies can still puke on quilts with crooked stitches and unravel-y stars and mismatched seams right....RIGHT?!?!?!
I was going to embroider both her name and also her birth date, but I really have no idea how to embroider, and by the time I finished her name, there was just no way I was going to do any more :-)It's almost a little bit irritating, I love this purple bug fabric that I used for the backing so much. I found it in my fabric stash, so it didn't even cost me anything. The annoying part is, that I think it looks a nice as the front....and do you know how much EASIER IT WAS!!! LOL
This is my favourite star background fabric, had to give a close up of a couple of my favs, and you know it's really weird because as I'm typing this sentence the flowers on the snail shell in the picture above are doing a weird optical illusion shifty thing. If this stops making sense or contains too much bad grammar and horrible spelling mistakes, then I'm blaming the shifty snail for messing with me. Hmmmm, shifty snail.....I hopefully will see baby and fam tomorrow and can give them the quilt then, I'm so excited!!! And I really can't believe I thought I would have this done by the time she was born, I'll be giving it to her 2 days before her 3rd month b-day! Yep, I'm speedy....Still going to blame the shifty snail!

(the pattern was from a quilting magazine I bought a few years ago, it's called Stars and Moon, and it's in the March/April 03 No.90 issue of Quiltmaker, I left off the border)

1 comment:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Your blanket stitch is very even and uniform. Great work. It's adorable!