Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back to where I was

Well, here's where I was with my hat at the end of last night. I'm pretty much back to where I was before I ripped it all out and started it again. It didn't take tooooo long to get back to this point. I just haven't had as much time to sit and knit in the last little bit as I seemed to the week before. I'm really enjoying sitting on my rear and knitting while listening to this book series.
The 4th comes out in late 2008?!?! You mean it's not going to end at the end of this book and be all neatly tied up into a fabulously happily ended story?!?! I don't know if I can take it!!! More importantly...what am I going to listen to between now and then? Hehe, I'll be on search for a new book...or...series...hmmm

So, what do you think of the colours? I think I like it, even though there isn't as much contrast as with the caramel colour. I think I will like it when finished. I'm going with it either way, I want to see what those skiers look like!

4 comments:

cinnamongirl93 said...

I like your choice in colors. They complement each other. Very nice. Thanks for stopping by my site and posting!

Jennifer said...

Your color work looks great. You may have enough yarn left over to make 2 hats and that would solve the color choice dilemma.

The mittens I am working on are here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/norwegian-mittens-2
they are from Elizabeth Zimmermann's book knitting around. I am getting ready to run out of yarn so I need to make a quick KnitPicks order stat!
Let me know your next book recommendation. I just finished Plenty by Smith & MacKinnon. Don't read it though if you don't want to start dreaming of spring and gardening.

Jennifer said...

I forgot that I listened to another great book you might enjoy it is called Pirates! by Celia Rees . It is a long one too so perfect for knitting to. And Peter and the Star Catchers is a good one too. It is by Dave Barry.

Jennifer said...

I am 32 and still love kid books. One of the reasons I like Young Adult section is that they usually have great stories and no sex and little violence. Or the sex and violence is talked around and not blow by blow like adults books.