Thursday, January 31, 2008

A little more...

Believe it or not...the progress shown represents several hours of knitting and audiobook listening. I'm not sure if I'm really this slow of a knitter, or if it's because I keep stopping at really good parts of the book without realizing it. I think I zone out, and then realize that I'm just sitting there in the chair staring at my knitting ....instead of actually knitting it ...but still...here are the little skiers...almost complete...only 4 or 5 rows of them left. I realize now that in future patterns I will look for more even distribution of colour...I mean....it's really annoying to work those parts where there are like 15 stitches of the same colour. I was told to twist the yarns at that point...so that I don't have HUGE loops of the carried yarn on the inside, but I'm not sure if I'm doing that correctly...whatever....it will still be a hat when I'm done...even if it's not technically knit properly right?
The whole twisting thing is a pain though...I much preferred the snowflake parts where you didn't have more than 5 or 6 stitches in a row of the one colour... I'm not sure if I enjoy knitting colourwork as much as I enjoyed the cables...but I do love the effect...so...perhaps there really will be more projects after this one....mittens...yes...I do want matching mittens :-)

2 comments:

Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cinnamongirl93 said...

Congratulations on the skiers! Looks great! I still think the colors compliment each other. Very nice work!