Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Here's my hat

It's sadly true. The tassle is undeniably too huge. Oh well, I'll wear it for a day (for the principle of it) and then somehow figure out how to reduce the tassle size by about half. I don't even want to think about how I'm going to go about that. Do I just cut half of it out...or actually take the whole darned thing apart. Gosh it's huge...I don't want to remove it from the hat ...it's so well stuck on there :-) Anyways, my sweetums is right. I do look truly goofy with this hat on....why oh why is he always right. I guess it doesn't matter, because I will probably wear it anyways...just cuz I can. I can look goofy if I wanna! ha! Just wait till he gets his hat....I've got about 3 1/2 inches done...have to go till about 8 and then start the decreases...wow....this one does take a lot less effort. I'm still reeling over the fact that I actually finished that hat...and it's not July...I finished that hat in less than a month! This is a knitting miracle...a true knitting miracle.

3 comments:

cinnamongirl93 said...

I really like your hat! Nice job! If it were myself, and I wanted to have a smaller tassle I would take my time first. I would study and play with the size and then carefully cut it down to the size I liked. Worse case, you have to take if off and redo it. But hey, your almost totaly finished and it's still way cold out! Congradulations!

Tracy Batchelder said...

You'll like it better with a smaller tassel, I think. Great job on the knitting!

Jennifer said...

Ha. If this was a normal occurance in my house it wouldn't be blog worthy! Unfortunately, the norm would be for everybody to fend for themselves. I am starting to wonder if it is me. Maybe I think I'm handling the stress of tax season well but those who know me best might see me ready to crack at any moment. I hope that is not the case because I really do feel on top of things. :) Notice I don't post the days where they scream how I'm the worst parent in the world from their bedroom and how living on the streets would be better than living my household. :)